David B. Sarnoff, Esq., is an executive coach and leadership trainer with Loeb Leadership Development Group. As a former attorney and experienced executive search consultant, David is uniquely qualified and experienced to understand the mindset, demands and challenges of attorneys and legal professionals. He acquired this experience over 25 years of working in the legal world. As a litigation associate, he learned about the impact of leadership and the importance of workplace culture’s influence on employee performance and motivation. As a search consultant, David coached and guided hundreds of attorneys in discovering what inspired them in their professional lives. He has worked with attorneys at all levels in a variety of practice areas, in law firms and in-house.
His coaching model is to focus on facilitating opportunities for a client’s development and awareness to elevate their leadership capabilities while addressing other challenges to professional growth. David uses his listening and powerful questioning skills to guide clients to identify and discover blind spots. This practice supports development opportunities allowing his clients to discover solutions to individual challenges.
David utilizes his strengths as a coach to enlighten attorneys and leaders to elevate their professional performance, mindset, emotional intelligence, soft skills, leadership potential and team building skills. He also counsels high potentials and performers with business development and establishing internal and external networks.
Additionally, David serves on the Fort Lee Board of Education and presided as Board President for three consecutive years. In 2015, he received the Archie Hay Award for distinguished service and leadership from the Bergen County School Boards Association. He was also appointed to the Advisory Committee of the New Jersey Association of School Resource Officers.
In addition to being a sought after coach, David has presented at bar association and CLE events on effective interviewing, business development, marketing and leadership training
Sample coaching engagements include:
- A Chief Human Resources Officer to enhance leadership and relationship building while adopting a strategic mind set.
- An assistant General Counsel at financial services company to improve leadership skills, time management and gaining clarity on career goals.
- A law firm partner to strengthen communication skills to better manage and inspire direct reports, strengthen leadership skills, refine and execute on a business development plan.
- A law firm partner to improve networking skills and nurture client relationships.
- Baruch College, Zicklin School of Business, iCoach New York, Professional Coaching Program,
Executive Coaching, Certificate
- Rutgers University Law School, JD, Dean’s List
- Hofstra University, BA, cum laude, Social Sciences
David has authored and/or co-authored several articles including:
- Are You Ready For Some Feedback? June 19, 2018
- Why Law Firms Need Executive Coaches Now More Than Ever, May 12, 2018
- The True Grit of a Summer Associate, April 30, 2018
- Soft Skills are Vital in an Ever-Changing Tech-Driven World, January 3, 2018
- Buckle Up, Speed is Coming: The Urgency of Adaptability, November 14, 2017
- Exploring Non-Traditional Attorney Positions. How Bob Boland Became the Athletic Integrity Officer of Penn State University, October 6, 2017
David can be reached at 866-987-4111 ext 05, or firstname.lastname@example.org